Summer Jobs – How to Actually Get Work in Spain for the Summer of 2018

The idea of finding a summer job in Spain sounds wonderful doesn’t it?

Many people love the idea of coming over to Spain just for the holiday season and living in Spain for the summer while working to pay their way.

Most will be students looking for summer work abroad to give them a combination of earning money over the summer before they go back to study in September, while also feeling like they are on holiday.

You may also be a traveller looking to stop over in Spain and you want to get a summer job to pay for your travelling costs.

bora bora beach barThe truth is that there are many summer jobs to be had in Spain in the summer due to the tourist industry.

Spain is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world and so there is a real need for short-term workers just for the summer months of June, July, August and to a lesser degree September.

If you are searching for summer jobs in Spain the most obvious one is to look for is summer bar work and summer bar jobs in the most popular Spanish tourist spots. These include the big cities of Madrid and Barcelona.

The Costa del Sol is the most popular coast for tourism and good places to search for summer jobs on the Costa del Sol would be the resorts of Marbella, Malaga, Mijas, Benalmadena, Torremolinos and Fuengirola. After those we suggest the Costa Blanca coast, the best places for summer work would be Benidorm, Alicante, Calpe, La Manga, Murcia and Torrevieja.

job-spain-graphicThe Costa Brava has a couple of lively resorts which are Lloret de Mar and Tossa de Mar where many British and English speaking people find bar work for the summer season.

The Spanish islands are also popular for example Ibiza, Lanzarote, Majorca (Mallorca), Canary Islands, Menorca and Tenerife.

Another option for finding summer work in Spain is to work as a waiter or waitress in a restaurant or as a chef. Another popular option is to find a summer job in a hotel in Spain or work as a tour rep looking after the tourists. These jobs may also have accommodation included.

How Much Can I Earn Over The Summer?

Expect wages in Spain to be low as employers take advantage of the fact that Spain is a desirable place to be spending your summer. If you are lucky lodging and accommodation will be included with your summer job. Wages are likely to be approximately €5 an hour. Many jobs and work in Spain will be part-time not full-time

Clearly working in Spain for the summer is all about the experience of a lifetime, not earning money. Also you are in competition with workers from Eastern Europe and Morocco.

Where Can I Find a Summer Job for 2018?

Unfortunately most summer vacancies in Spain will not be advertised and so you really need to travel about in Spain and ask locally – especially in the bars and restaurants. When looking for a summer job in Spain your best bet is to arrive as early as possible before the tourist season to secure your summer job before others do.

If you are looking to teach English in Spain as a summer job then you should look to contact Spanish language schools who may well be able to offer you a job before you travel.

Do You Need Staff? – List Your Vacancies For FREE! – Read More…

Most Popular Places in Spain To Find Work:

Most Popular Types of Work in Spain:

Real Stories of Moving to Spain

Long-Term Rentals & Lets

Guide to Buying Property

I Hate Spain – Shocking Truth!

Our Main Work & Jobs in Spain Section

Comments

1. Alexander ten Brink says

Good afternoon!
    My name is Alexander ten Brink, 25 years old from Belgium and the Netherlands. I speak fluent English and French with a very high level in Spanish and small notions in Italian and Dutch. I am currently looking for any job vacancies for a Summer job in Barcelona, from July to August in any industry, to help my future employer by using my language and communication skills. I have experience working in the HR, maintenance and front office departments at Le Meridien Barcelona, as well as the Golden Tulip in Breda, the Netherlands and the Sheraton Hotel Kampala, Uganda. If anyone has any information, referrals or vacancies, please contact me at: a.tenbrink@student.fontys.nl
    Looking forward to hearing from you!

2. Alice Forbes says

Hello! My name is Alice, I’m 20 years old and I’m from Ireland. I have quite a high level of conversational Spanish (I’m currently doing a university degree in Spanish along with English Literature in Trinity College, Dublin), and I’d really love to spend my Summer in Spain this year! Last summer I worked in Cadiz in a children’s summer camp, but it was a mostly English-speaking environment, so this year I would really like to work in a bar/restaurant/cafe anywhere in Spain where i could spend more time speaking Spanish. I’m reliable, efficient and a hard worker, I have lots of prior experience working in the hospitality sector and have retail experience also. Please drop me a line at aliceforbes44@gmail.com if you have any information/positions you could offer me.

3. Elizabeth Gott says

Hi!

My name is Liz, I am 21 years old. I can speak very good Spanish. I have lots of waitress experience and have worked at bars/festivals. I lived in Spain, Madrid for a year working as an au pair. So I would now love to work as a waitress in another part of Spain for the summer. Ready to work from 17th July, all of August and September! I am confident, fun and reliable and ready for an adventure.

Liz

4. Mac Badesha says

Hi my names Mac Badesha I’d love the opportunity to work in and around Spain in Summer 2018. I am a hardworker who wants to get the job done first time every time. I have experience in barwork and customer service in the UK. I’m looking for any job.

5. Francesca Wright says

Hi, My name is Francesca and I’m 19 and from the UK. I’ve lived in Catalonia since February and I will be here until the beginning of June. I’m teaching English in a school. I would love to spend more time living here and be able to practice my Spanish more before I go to university in September. I’ve had 2+ years experience in education and working with children. I also have experience working with children. Any oppurtunity would be great and I am very open minded! I would be able to work from the beginning of June until the beginning of September! Please contact me at francescajwright98@gmail.com

6. Kajol Parwani says

Hola!
    My name is Kajol Parwani. I was born and raised in Japan but attended an international school, and now I live in Switzerland and I attend Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne – the best hospitality management university in the world. I am looking for a paid job/internship for one month this summer (from end June to end July) in either a hotel/restaurant or in marketing/sales. I’ve done two internships previously, one in Japan and one in Thailand, so I have plenty of hotel experience already. Please do contact me if there’s anything available! My email is kajol.parwani@ehl.ch

Kindest regards,
    Kajol Parwani

7. Hi,
    Search for english native speaker who want to spend one month in summer close to the beach. It is not a job. It is the opportunity of enjoying a lot of free time. We have two 8 years old children and if you speak with them in english (they speak it already, so no teaching, bring them to the beach, play with them, everyday halfday, you can stau with us, 15 minutes walk from the beach in a town close to Cadiz.the rest of the day is yours.

• Hi there,
      My name is Aley, I am a 20 year old female studying business in Ireland. I am of American and French nationality so English is 1 of my 2 monther tongues.
      I am interested in this opportunity to help your 2 children pick up everyday English expressions so they can become more fluent.
      I am available from June to August this coming summer.

I look forward to hearing back from you,
      Kind regards.

• Saglara Sangadzhieva says

Hi!

My name is Saglara. I was born and raised in Russia, spent two years studying in an international school in China, and currently studying at the University of Florida in the US. I am not a native speaker but I am proficient in English. I am looking for a summer job in Spain, so let me know if you would want to talk more about it.

Kind regards,
      Saglara

8. Hello!
    My name is Gabriele. I am from Lithuania and looking for a job this summer 2018. I am 21 years old. I can work like a cleaning lady or something similar to this. Speaking English, not perfectly but willing to learn. Hope to hear from somebody soon. Available on July until September or October.
    Thank you!

9. Hi
    I am looking for a job in bars, beach clubs,bars,night clubs
    I have a wide range of experience in dubai in hotels and bars
    Thanks very much

10. Danielle Forde-Droy says

Hi, my name is Danielle. I’m from the Republic of Ireland. I speak some German. I’m looking for summer work in the Malaga area. I am looking for work in a bar, hotel or teaching English. I have experience in both being a waitress and kitchen work. I also have one year experience teaching English as foreign language in Germany. I don’t speak Spanish but I am willing to learn.Available to work from June – August. Please contact me at daniellefordedroy1234@gmail.com

11. George Tomasino says

Hi my name is George
    I live in Italy but I am English bilingual . I am studying at catering college and looking for a summer kitchen job as a commis chef or any other similar restaurant/ hotel job in the Canary Islands
    I am free from the 10th of June for 3 Months
    I hope to hear from somebody soon

12. Hi!
    My name is Nikolina, I’m 23 years old and I’m studying textile engineering.
    I come from Slovenia, and this year I’m looking for a summer job abroad. For past years I have had done many jobs, from hospitality services to child animations, but as I am now I’m looking for working in a bar/hotel/hostel. I speak English fluently, and a little bit of Spain which I had learned in high school. I also speak fluently Croatian and a little bit of German. I see myself as a very talkative and open person. I’m responsible and eager to learn new things.
    Looking forward to new experiences and knowledge.
    Nikolina.

13. Hi, my name is John. I’m a final year student from Ireland. Hoping to travel to Spain in May with 2 friends and stay until early September. We’re not fully decided on which part of Spain just yet. Looking for a job in a bar/restaurant/hostel. We all have experience in these areas and would be willing to work long hours throughout the summer. If anyone is looking for staff or knows of any vacancies please contact me at jcunningham691@gmail.com

14. Hi, my name is John. Hoping to travel to Spain in May with 2 friends and stay until early September. Looking bit a job in a bar/restaurant/hostel. We all have experience in these areas and would be willing to work long hours throughout the summer. If anyone is looking for staff please contact me via e mail thanks.

15. Hi, my name is Paige, I and my friend Molly who are both 21 and from the UK are studying masters in tourism and event management and are looking for any work in the Benidorm area from June-September. We both have experience working in the industry and would love the opportunity to further our experience this summer. I can be contacted on behalf of both of us on paigefordx@hotmail.co.uk

16. Ryan Warner says

Hello, my name is Ryan, from Wolverhampton I’m looking for an opportunity to work as a holiday rep or bar work, I can work ASAP. I’ve had 2years experience working in bars in England and would love the opportunity to come to such a lovely country like Spain

17. Claire Lindsay says

Hi my name is Claire I’m from Belfast Northern Ireland.
    I’m looking for a summer job this summer I need something new in my life and I thought why not travel about Spain for a bit
    I am fully trained in hospitality including hotels and bar work
    I have wine training also
    Not great at the Spanish language but willing to learn
    I also have retail experience and great customer service skills
    I love meeting new people
    Not to fussy on what part of Spain but Barcelona or Costa del sol or Portugal would be great keep me posted sure
    Thanks
    clairelindsay60@gmail.com

18. David Anderson says

Hi, my names David and I’m 22 year old. I’m from Edinburgh, Scotland and I’m looking for work in Alicante area. I’m open for most opportunities including bar work, hotel work, restaurant work and more and I have had experience in retail industry mostly. I have basic knowledge of the language (including words of mostly foods, drinks and also basic verbs). I do hope however that my level increases during a work position. If any vacancies are available for me I can be contacted at- Davidmarkanderson51@gmail.com.

19. Hi my name is Korynne
    Me and 2 friends are looking for work in Costa del sol area this summer, looking to secure apartment before we arrive in April, we all have experience in hospitality trade and customer service. Willing and ready to work.
    Email me with any information k85orynne@hotmail.com

20. Hi ! My name is Conor and I am 21 years old from Australia. I am looking for work in a bar/hostel/hotel for the summer 2018 either around Barcelona or on the Canary Islands. I have many years experience working in customer service and also in hospitality. I speak no Spanish at the moment but if i am accepted into a job I will endeavour to learn as much as possible before I arrive, and hopefully master the language by the time I leave ! Please contact me at c.bowes1@hotmail.com for any available positions.

14 × 29 =