Hotel/Hospitality Jobs – Want to ACTUALLY Find Work in Spanish Hotel in 2022?

Spain is the fourth most visited country in the world after France, America and China with almost 60 million foreign tourists in 2010 (source World Tourism Organization).

All of these tourists naturally need accommodation and so there is a massive opportunity to find jobs in hotels in Spain servicing and looking after the needs of these travellers.

Advice on this page would also apply if you are looking for hostel jobs in Spain or accommodation jobs in Spain.

hotel puerta americaWe have latest live job listings at the bottom of this page and if you are an employer we welcome your hotel job postings – it is free to list your vacancies.

Do you want to work in a hotel in Spain?

You can also use the comments box at the bottom of this page to list your details, hotel jobs wanted and your contact details.

Below we have a general guide towards hotel jobs which are classified under the hospitality industry.

Where Can I Find Spanish Hotel Jobs?

The Costa del Sol in the south of Spain is the most obvious place to find hotel work. The wonderful climate, weather, beaches and golf courses attract visitors from all over Europe.

This is home to many mass tourist resorts such as Marbella, Malaga, Fuengirola, Torremolinos and Benalmadena. There are many luxury complexes with five star hotels and golf courses.

job-spain-graphicThe Costa Blanca coast is another very popular tourist region with many possibilities to find hotel work in towns such as Alicante, Torrevieja and Benidorm.

You might have thought the Spanish cities of Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia would have been good places to look at hotel jobs but actually this isn’t the case. This is because the major cities tend to empty in the summer months as the residents flock to the Spanish coasts and islands for their summer holidays.

Much better locations for work would be the popular Spanish islands of the Canary Islands and Balearic Islands. Working in a hotel in these locations will probably involve working six days a week but at least on your day off you get to enjoy the island and beaches and become a tourist for the day.

The best Spanish islands for hotel jobs are Mallorca, Ibiza, Tenerife, Lanzarote and Gran Canaria.

Hotel & Hospitality Work in Spain

The good news for nationals of European Union countries is that no visa will be required to work in Spain.

As long as you are employed on an official working contract you will be entitled to free medical care under the Spanish health system.

Advantages of working in a hotel in Spain are that in most cases you receive live-in accommodation which will save you approximately at least €500 a month which you would have to pay elsewhere renting or sharing an apartment.

The most common hotel positions would be serving drinks behind the bar or waiting on tables as a waiter or waitress in the restaurants. These are the sort of hotel jobs for English speakers that you could expect to find. Even in these jobs some basic Spanish will definitely be required.

Only a very limited amount of reception and hotel front desk work is available. These positions tend to be full-time and you would need to be fluent in Spanish, English and German would be a definite advantage too.

Cleaning staff such as chambermaids are definitely required in the hotels although as you can imagine the wages are very much minimum wage of about four or five Euros an hour.

You may also be able to get a job as a holiday rep in Spain working in one of the major hotels looking after the English-speaking guests for the major tour operators who offer package holidays to the resorts. These jobs are not available in the resorts but must be obtained directly from the tour operators in advance.

Hotel Marques de Riscal

Hotel Marques de Riscal

Major Spanish Hotel Chains

Types of Hotel Positions

• Bellhop
  • Concierge
  • Checking guests in and out
  • Reservations staff
  • Singers
  • Dancers
  • Holiday Reps
  • Chambermaid
  • Cleaners
  • Security guard

Summary

• Duration: Most hotel work is seasonal and of course most positions only available for three months in the summer months of June, July and August.
  • Apply: At least 3 months before your arrival Spain.
  • Wages/Pay/Salary: Depends on position, from four euros an hour for cleaners to managerial positions.
  • Visa: No visa is required for EU nationals.
  • Qualifications: Hospitality degrees and diplomas a definite advantage. Employers will expect some previous experience in the hotel industry.

Hotel Employers – List your hospitality and hotel job vacancies in Spain below – for free.

If you want a job working in a hotel in Spain, you can also fill in the comments box with your details, qualifications and the types of vacancies and job positions wanted.

Alternative Places for Spanish Jobs:

Most Searched For Jobs:

Interviews With People Who Have Moved to Spain

Long-Term Rentals

Property

I Hate Spain – Problems & Disadvantages

For a full index of pages see our finding work and jobs main section.

Comments

1. Margaret Hutchison says

Hi my name is Margaret I live in Benidorm and have all the relevant paperwork.I worked in the hotel industry and in student accommodation for many years as a housekeeper and supervisor my only flaw is my Spanish is quite poor but I would be very willing to adapt and learn and I am not afraid of hard work

2. Ivayla Peneva says

Hello,
    My name is Ivayla Peneva and I am 18 year old. Bulgaria is my homecountry, but I am also fluent in English and German! I am very friendly, full of energy and always with a smile. I love sport activities such as Fitness, Stretching, Dancing, Pilates, High intensity workouts and i also get along with children. I am a huge fan of travelling and that is why i am hoping to find a summer job in Spain in 2022.
    I am looking forward to hearing from you,
    Ivayla Peneva

3. Hi, I’m jamal, i live in Madrid Spain, i have a master degree in marketing management from university of Huddersfield, i have a great experience in making all kind of pasta, salads, sandwiches and coffee. I have an experience of customer service, relationship manager, recently i work as an English teacher. I am looking for a job in hotel in Madrid.

4. DUKE ATUYA NYAKUNDI says

To whom it may concern.
    Am Duke from Kenya am looking for employment as waiter /concierge any leads will be appreciated.
    Am flexible to work anywhere in the world
    Thanks

5. Cooper Ronald says

Hello my name is Cooper. I am 18 and from the United States, but I am also a citizen of the EU. I have worked in the hospitality industry for the past four years, and I am great with people. I am fluent in English and conversational in Spanish and French. I’m happy to work any hospitality or service job. I look forward to hearing from you, and thank you for this incredible opportunity!

6. Jelena Sidorova says

Hello,
    My name is Jelena and from Scotland, UK and originally from Lithuania.
    I can speak fluent in English and Russian language. I have started to learn Spanish and understand some basics.
    I have a degree in BA/BA (HONS) INTERNATIONAL HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT.
    I have excellent customer service skills. In my past, I have used to work in various hospitality and tourism departments. I have worked 5 years in 5 start Hotel in Edinburgh – “Prestonfield House” – food and beverage assistant/ host of the private events. I have experience working in reception and reservation department. My current role is Customer Service Advisor at one of the best University Sport And Exercise in the UK, Edinburgh. I am very interested in getting a job in Costa del Sol or Costa Blanca.
    Please contact me if you want to know more about me.
    Regards,
    Jelena

7. Hi
    I am Preety, I have experience of 9 years in Aviation Industry as Cabin Crew. I am planning to shift to Madrid and looking for any job opportunity over there in Aviation and Hospitality. I am Fluent in English and am amazingly good at Customer Service.

8. Zena Gardner says

Hi my name is Zena Gardner I’m 52 and looking at moving to the Alicante/Benidorm region around April time. I spent 20 years working for Santander Bank in the UK before changing to be a fully qualified assistant teacher with vast experience dealing with children with Special Educational Needs. In my experience I can adapt my professional skills to a wide variety of vocations and would be open to hear any opportunities.

9. Mandy Gornal-Jones says

We have vacancies for F&B Assistants (Waters) and barmen. You are welcome to send me your CV, we have quite a few hospitality positions currently vacant
    mandy@crawford-carruthers.com

10. Mandy Gornal-Jones says

We have vacancies for a 2IC F&B Manager (F&B Assistant Manager).

mandy@crawford-carruthers.com.

11. Hi my name is Donna I am 48 and looking to move to Spain next year
    I have health and social care degree and I also run a pub. I really need help in finding work and schools as my daughter is 22

12. ilaria nwachi says

Hi my name is ilaria I am a hospitality management student in Ireland I am 19 years old 20 in April , I am looking to find a hospitality job in Tenerife/Lanzarote for a 6 month duration for my university placement. I would like to begin working in Spain from mid January. I am also looking for cheap accommodation in that duration, if you know of a as my opportunities matching my description I would greatly appreciate if you could get back to me.

13. Chloe Pritchard says

Hi,

My name is Chloe and I am 25 from London. I am looking to relocate to Mallorca at the beginning of 2022.

I am degree educated and have years of experience with working within customer service and administrative roles.

I am willing to take on new challenges and learn new skills and would love to hear of any opportunities going.

Many thanks in advance

14. Darragh Roche says

Hi my name is Darragh Roche, I am a 27 year old Irish man and I will be looking for work in Malaga from April 2022. I have experience as a barman and also as a waiter! I would be very flexible in terms of hours etc. I’m very hardworking and would be a great addition to a team of staff. It would be great to hear back if you think I would be suitable for a job you may be offering. Thanks in advance Darragh.

15. Debbie dixon says

Hello my name. Is Debbie Dixon, I am. Going to be looking for work from. Around feb2022 in the fuerteventura area, I am qualified in many sectors, from. Hospitality to bar, front desk receptionist and many other sectors.

16. Ryan Sheehan says

To whom it may concern,

I am 30 and a chef for over 10 years. From Ireland and I am looking to move to Spain. Coastal area preffered.

Available to move immediately, contact for more information and I look forward to your response.

17. My name is Amit kumar,I have 6+ year of experience in hotel industry as waiter .
    I have work in restaurants, Banquets, bar,coffee shop and room service. I sercing a job in spain.

18. George Rolfe says

Hello, My name is George. I’m currently in the Malaga area looking for work. I have a lot of experience in the retail sector working for the last 8 years in one of the biggest sporting retail stores as an Operations manager. I am looking for a new challenge here in anything and am willing to learn new skills a push myself. I pride myself on my premium service and creating a friendly and welcoming place for all consumers.
    Thank you for taking the time to read a little about me. I hope to hear from you soon and I look forward to the future opportunities.
    Thank you.

19. Hazel Casas says

Hello, my name is Hazel, I’m 25 years old and I’m a Filipino. I’m looking for any job opportunity in Spain, preferably Kitchen work. I have a degree in food science and technology and I have been working as a food technologist for 2 years now. With hardwork and perseverance, I am willing to be trained and gain more knowledge required for the position. I am also willing to pay for my own working visa and plane ticket, as long as the employer can give me a working permit. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you!

20. Nathan Millington says

Hello
    My name is Nathan, I’m 22 and from the United Kingdom. I am looking for work (preferably in Alicante region but open to locating anywhere) in hospitality/ bar work/ hotel work/ security/ anything that is available as I am moving up there in the coming weeks. I have over a year experience in hospitality and security. Also I’m willing to learn and have a hard working mentality so it would be fantastic to hear back with any opportunities! Thankyou 🙂