Hotel/Hospitality Jobs – Want to ACTUALLY Find Work in Spanish Hotel in 2020?

Spain is the fourth most visited country in the world after France, America and China with almost 60 million foreign tourists in 2010 (source World Tourism Organization).

All of these tourists naturally need accommodation and so there is a massive opportunity to find jobs in hotels in Spain servicing and looking after the needs of these travellers.

Advice on this page would also apply if you are looking for hostel jobs in Spain or accommodation jobs in Spain.

hotel puerta americaWe have latest live job listings at the bottom of this page and if you are an employer we welcome your hotel job postings – it is free to list your vacancies.

Do you want to work in a hotel in Spain?

You can also use the comments box at the bottom of this page to list your details, hotel jobs wanted and your contact details.

Below we have a general guide towards hotel jobs which are classified under the hospitality industry.

Where Can I Find Spanish Hotel Jobs?

The Costa del Sol in the south of Spain is the most obvious place to find hotel work. The wonderful climate, weather, beaches and golf courses attract visitors from all over Europe.

This is home to many mass tourist resorts such as Marbella, Malaga, Fuengirola, Torremolinos and Benalmadena. There are many luxury complexes with five star hotels and golf courses.

job-spain-graphicThe Costa Blanca coast is another very popular tourist region with many possibilities to find hotel work in towns such as Alicante, Torrevieja and Benidorm.

You might have thought the Spanish cities of Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia would have been good places to look at hotel jobs but actually this isn’t the case. This is because the major cities tend to empty in the summer months as the residents flock to the Spanish coasts and islands for their summer holidays.

Much better locations for work would be the popular Spanish islands of the Canary Islands and Balearic Islands. Working in a hotel in these locations will probably involve working six days a week but at least on your day off you get to enjoy the island and beaches and become a tourist for the day.

The best Spanish islands for hotel jobs are Mallorca, Ibiza, Tenerife, Lanzarote and Gran Canaria.

Hotel & Hospitality Work in Spain

The good news for nationals of European Union countries is that no visa will be required to work in Spain.

As long as you are employed on an official working contract you will be entitled to free medical care under the Spanish health system.

Advantages of working in a hotel in Spain are that in most cases you receive live-in accommodation which will save you approximately at least €500 a month which you would have to pay elsewhere renting or sharing an apartment.

The most common hotel positions would be serving drinks behind the bar or waiting on tables as a waiter or waitress in the restaurants. These are the sort of hotel jobs for English speakers that you could expect to find. Even in these jobs some basic Spanish will definitely be required.

Only a very limited amount of reception and hotel front desk work is available. These positions tend to be full-time and you would need to be fluent in Spanish, English and German would be a definite advantage too.

Cleaning staff such as chambermaids are definitely required in the hotels although as you can imagine the wages are very much minimum wage of about four or five Euros an hour.

You may also be able to get a job as a holiday rep in Spain working in one of the major hotels looking after the English-speaking guests for the major tour operators who offer package holidays to the resorts. These jobs are not available in the resorts but must be obtained directly from the tour operators in advance.

Hotel Marques de Riscal

Hotel Marques de Riscal

Major Spanish Hotel Chains

Types of Hotel Positions

• Bellhop
  • Concierge
  • Checking guests in and out
  • Reservations staff
  • Singers
  • Dancers
  • Holiday Reps
  • Chambermaid
  • Cleaners
  • Security guard

Summary

• Duration: Most hotel work is seasonal and of course most positions only available for three months in the summer months of June, July and August.
  • Apply: At least 3 months before your arrival Spain.
  • Wages/Pay/Salary: Depends on position, from four euros an hour for cleaners to managerial positions.
  • Visa: No visa is required for EU nationals.
  • Qualifications: Hospitality degrees and diplomas a definite advantage. Employers will expect some previous experience in the hotel industry.

Hotel Employers – List your hospitality and hotel job vacancies in Spain below – for free.

If you want a job working in a hotel in Spain, you can also fill in the comments box with your details, qualifications and the types of vacancies and job positions wanted.

Alternative Places for Spanish Jobs:

Most Searched For Jobs:

Interviews With People Who Have Moved to Spain

Long-Term Rentals

Property

I Hate Spain – Problems & Disadvantages

For a full index of pages see our finding work and jobs main section.

Comments

1. I want job in spain i don’t have experience for hotel but I’m RTG operater i want any job

2. Irma Latvyte says

I am Lithuanian woman Qualified primary school teacher. My qualifications are recognised and registered in UK Northern Ireland. I work in Primary school for 12 years as a classroom assistant and sub teacher. Teaching English one to one. TEFL course in progress. Experience in Thailand camps teaching English. Very interesting in traveling and I have done level 2 in tour guide course in Northern Ireland. English native level. Russian- fluently, Lithuanian- tongue language and basic spanish ( level 2-advanced certificate). Would be interested in jobs equivalent to my skills and experiences.

3. Gabriel Ichimuta says

Hello everyone, my name is Gabriel Ichimuta and I’m looking for a job in Madrid. I have worked in UK in the last 6 years(4 years in the kitchen and another 2 as a delivery driver for Amazon ) . I can do any job that requires English language , I’m open minded and ready to learn . The main problem is that I don’t speak Spanish , I can understand 50-60 percents , as I’m originally from Romania. If anyone needs a hard worker person please let me know.thank you !
    Kind regards, Gabriel

4. hi ,
    my name is sudeepan ,from india, currentely im working in United Arab Emirates ,Dubai in hotel field,i have 17 years experience in Hotel maintenance field

5. Hi my name is juliet i live in malaga i can speak english and spanish fluently i finshinesd the course of procedimientos de limpieza en alojamientos camarera de pisos which is called cleaning room service.
    I am absolutely not afraid of hard work, and more than happy if i can be giving any opportunity. I have a CV and referrals.

6. m.mazher sharif says

Hi im a experienced Indian cook and my age is 51year fit for work
    20+year cooking knowledge

I’m lucky to get this comment box

7. Donna Cox says

My name is Donna and I am looking for work in the Tarifa area. I have worked in hospitality for years and have just been given a redundancy from my position in Australia. I’m am looking for work running small hotels, b&bs etc.
    Thank you.

8. Nataly Adkins says

Good Evening,

I have 6 years experience in the industry. Have been a food and beverage/ activities manager and housekeeping manager currently. American passport.

Thank you.

9. Chloe stamford says

Hi i am an 18 year old girl, ive just finished my A levels in English literature, Psychology and Law, im looking for work abroad, i have bar experience and love the job so that id be very interested in that type of work.
    Please could you let me know how i could go about making this happen

10. Sibi Mathew says

Hi..
    Myself Sibi Mathew from India.
    After my complition oh Hospitality Management degree i joined in hotel industry as a housekeeper. Now I have 3.5 year of experiance in the same field. Currently am working in Hilton Hotel Dubai as a housekeeping team leader. For my carrier growth now am looking for a similar job in Spain. If i took a visit visa and reach there any possibilities fet a work permit visa.

11. Elizabeth says

Hi I am looking for a job here in Madrid, very flexible in any field of work, willing to learn, I’m a Filipino with good communication skills in english

12. Alison Goulden says

Hi I am moving to Torrevieja and looking for work,I have done bar work,shop work but would like to find work in a hotel cleaning, I worked in hotel in UK for a number of years,I am 54 honest and trustworthy.

13. Marina Millard says

hi, my name is marina and I moved to Spain on the 13th of may. I’m not very good at speaking Spanish, I can say a few phrases, like asking for coffee or the bill.lol.ive been a cleaner and carer for most of my life.i give both jobs 110%.in 30 years of cleaning, I never had any complaints. I would like a job in the denia area of Spain. I would prefer part time. can anyone help me.

14. Mary Jeane E. Belando says

Hello there…

I hope everyone can read my message will receive you well.
    Im jane and im a mother too, a simple parent. I do not have experienced for working at any company but i do have more experiences working as a mom to my children and to my grandparents and some relatives that needed me to takecare of them. Im looking for a job that can help me as a single parent so that i can continue to support my children dream for their future. Im currently doing some small business to help our expenses for everyday in our life. I can work even a chamber maid, house keeper or even waitress. For the sake of my children i will do everything to prepare their good future. I hope anyone can read my message can help me to find a job anywhere in Barcelona. I cant speak Spanish but i can proudly say i can speak English ☺️.
    I hope anyone can give me chance to prove my capabilities for working.
    Thank you so much .

Respectfully Yours
    Jane

15. Gillian Cook says

Good Morning

I am a South African with a British Passpor . I will be staying in Javea for three months.
    I have hotel Reception experience but am more than happy to be a chambermaid or cleaner, as at this stage I do not speak much Spanish.

I am absolutely not afraid of hard work, and more than happy to go the extra mile. I have a CV and referrals.

16. Boris Aleksandric says

Hi,
    My name is Boris from Serbia and Im looking for a job near Barcelona and I would need help about working permit ofcourse.

17. Mayank Topal says

I am a dedicated and motivated person having an educational background in the hospitality and Service Industry.
    Working within the Hotel Industry provided me an experience full with challenges and achievements. It improved my communication skills and strengthened my customer relations skills. The method of providing customer service through communication and product has made me aware of the selling skills and the up selling power of a good sales person. Apart from providing an edge to the skills of communication, the job responsibilities taught me the importance of providing efficient service and building rapport with the customers for their retention and word of mouth advertising.
    I am keen to work with an opportunity where I would widen my horizons of understanding, learning and development. In addition, I would love to continue providing excellent customer service and applying my knowledge of various strategies used in the industry.
    The Strategic Hospitality Management course from Cavendish College, London taught me a great deal about the marketing strategies, strategic customer care, securing the competitive edge and business excellence used in the hospitality sector and its benefits.

30 ⁄ 1 =