Catering Jobs: How to Find Work in Spain as a Cook or Chef…

This is our guide to working as a cook or a chef in Spain.

The tourist sector is extremely important to the economy of Spain upon which it relies heavily.

The fantastic weather and climate attracts tourists from all over Europe to enjoy the fantastic summer in Spain.

Naturally there are thousands of restaurants to cater for the tourists and a massive need for extra kitchen staff in the summer including cooks and chefs. The great thing is you can be an English-speaking person and get a culinary job as little Spanish (perhaps none) is required.

We invite restaurant owners and employers to list your job vacancies at the bottom of this page – it is free of charge to list your positions for chefs and cooks in Spain.

If you are a chef then please feel free to leave your jobs wanted at the bottom of the page with your contact details so employers can contact you directly.

Do you work as a chef in Spain? Please write in to tell us how much you get paid and earn – this will help jobseekers.

Where Can I Get a Job as a Chef in Spain?

This is one industry in which you can get a job in any Spanish town.

Of course it makes sense to consider the biggest tourist resorts which are generally located on the coast or some of the big cities such as Madrid and Barcelona are also good for finding catering work as a cook or chef.

job-spain-graphicAs a chef you are generally going to be working six days a week, usually for at least eight hours if not more. It would make sense to find a job in a nice location so you can make the most of your day off.

Why not start your search in one of the Spanish islands? For example the Canary Islands have an all year round climate and tourist season.

The busiest Canary islands would be Tenerife, Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Gran Canaria.

The Balearic Islands which are much closer to the mainland include Ibiza and Mallorca.

The Costa del Sol is also a great tourist area with major towns being Marbella, Fuengirola, Benalmadena, Malaga and Torremolinos.

Because of the large expatriate populations attracted to Spain by the sunshine and low cost of living compared to Northern Europe there is a market for many different types of cuisine – not just Spanish. Spain is crying out for Indian chefs and cooks, the large British expat population loves a good curry!

Types of Catering/Chef Jobs 2022 & 2023

• Mexican chef
  • Pastry chef
  • Sous chef
  • Spanish chef
  • Sushi chef
  • Thai chef

Employers – List your catering vacancies such as cooks, chefs and kitchen staff below for free.

If you want a catering job in Spain, you can also fill in the comments box with your details, qualifications and the types of vacancies and jobs wanted.

Most Popular Places in Spain To Find Work:

Most Popular Work:

True Stories of Moving to Spain

Long-Term Property Rentals

Guide to Buying a Property

I Hate Spain – Shocking Opinions!

We also have our Spanish Job Prospects Section.

Comments

1. Jamie Laird says

Hi I’m Jamie from Brighton UK. I’m 18 years old and have worked as a chef de Partie for 2 years since I was 16 in fine dining restaurants. I was sauce chef de Partie at a 2 rosette tasting menu restaurant. I am very focused and driven and am a passionate quick learner. I’m very skilled and would love to work in Spain to learn the language and embrace and learn how to cook the amazing Spanish cuisine. Happy to work anywhere in Spain, preferably English speaking kitchen or where I can learn Spanish.

2. Ben Haviland says

Hi my name is Ben and I am an experienced chef. I have over 8 years of experience working in high class establishments. I’ve owned my own cafe for a short period of time and I like to see myself as a very skilled worker who is very proficient in my line of work. I am looking for a Baker/ chef de partie job in a nice part of Spain. If anyone is interested in my employment I’d be more than happy to forward my resume. I am skilled in both hot food and patisserie, however when I ran my own cafe I was focusing more on patisserie. I am looking forward to hearing any replies soon. Regards, Ben

3. Hi, we are a well established restaurant based near Calpe in Spain , stunning venue right on top of the sea. Oceana Club is looking for a reasonably experienced Chef de Partir/ line chef. Immediate vacancy . We have an amazing team and head chef speaks English, Spanish speaking will be a bonus. We do many events. Good salary & bonuses to the right applicant. Must be well presented and hygiene is a must as we have an open kitchen. We are a award winning venue so great opportunity for the right applicant.

• Hello,
      My name is Vichita, I’m a line chef from India. I’m looking to work in a restaurant in Spain. I have been working as a cook for a total of 4 years. I have 2.5 years of work experience in a well established award winning Goan-Portuguese inspired restaurant in India. I speak fluent English. I would like to apply for this opening.

4. Juliet mckillop says

Hello, I’m moving to Spain soon to live permanently. I would like to secure a kitchen help job in any coastal Spanish region.

Many thanks.

5. Hello people, looking for a chef job in Mallorca. Various positions, menus and establishments in my experience basket. Hard worker, truly passionate about the industry and highly skilled. Thanks for attention

6. Ulle Kask says

Hi I’m Ülle, a chef with 30 years experience, both as head chef and sous chef. I have a la carte experience working in Ireland, Norway and Estonia. I am looking to work in Gran Canaria. CV can be supplied on request – yllekale@hotmail.com

7. Conor davison says

Hello my name is conor i am 22 and currently living in the United kingdom I am a Chef de party with 5/6 years behind me, I am looking for a Chef de party position over in Spain for 6 months/ one year. I am looking to learn more about food while over in Spain, I do know a lot but also have lots to learn I am keen hard worker who picks up the job quickly, I have done 6 months in France so I am used to adapting to my environment. C.V can be sent via email if needed. Thank you.

8. Premangsu Banik says

Hi, I am Premangsu Banik from India. I am coming to Gran Canaria for a living and looking for a job as a Assistant Cook. I have international experience of 8 years working as an Assistant Cook in various positions,
    I am a hard working person who is very organized and have great attitude for details. I am also able to work on my own and with the team. CV can be provided if necessary. Thank you

9. Daniel Armstrong says

Hello, My name is Daniel Armstrong. I am an Australian Chef currently living in Sevilla. My wife and I are looking to relocate to Malaga City. Qualified with 17 years experience in the kitchen. I have full Spanish working rights. Looking for stable full time position prefabably in a Hotel or Resort setting. Can provide CV and proof of qualifications upon request.

Kind Regards

Daniel Armstrong

10. Deepak Singh says

Hi sir medam my name is Deepak Singh. I am Indian chef I have 10 yers experience I am looking job for Indian chef. If you have any requirement please let me know. Thank you

• Hi
      Were are you based as i have a requirement of a indian chef in malaga please email me

• Gaurav Mehta says

Hi, my brother ifriend is an indian citizen who have been working in ecuador as an indian chef for many years. is it possible for him to come to spain to work, he has two collegeues. he has asked me to look into it. is this somethig you can help with

• Hi are you based in spain

11. Hi, I am Agne from Lithuania. I am coming to Gran Canaria for a living and looking for a job as a chef. I have international experience of 9 years working as a chef in various positions, highly rated and Michelin starred restaurants.

12. Head chef with 12 years experience, currently working in a large hotel in Scotland as head chef looking to relocate to Malaga CV and reffrences can be supplied on request. Wife can also work as a team in front of house positions.

13. Maria Walsh says

Hi my name is Maria from Ireland. I have five years experience working in kitchens in both hotels and cafes. I am currently head chef of a kitchen. CV can be provided.
    Thanks in advance.

14. Darren brook says

I’m an ex British soldier, 22 years catering experience as a Head chef/ kitchen manager was wandering how to work in Spanish resorts and to pass and assist with my experience as a lot of customers are British

15. Charlotte fagan says

I’m currently living in the United Kingdom with my family. I am a fully trained chef with 9years experience.
    I am currently second chef in the kitchen I am working in at the moment.
    I have trained to be a head chef also completed management courses and would love to be a head chef. I am wanting to relocate with my family and have a fresh start.
    I am looking for a chef job and wanting to show my skills.

16. Leonardo Mavretic says

Hello.
    I am Leonardo 43y old,chef from Croatia.
    I have international experience in kitchen 20y plus,working in Dubai,Croatia and Ireland.last 4y based in Cork city.experience is:working in hotels,big or small restaurants,cantina or nursing homes.looking for chef de partie job in Marbella and nearest areas.i have certificate level 2 HACCP and manual handling.in my posses is valid EU driving licence.now on holiday in Marbella,looking for new opportunitys.

17. Aimee Merrigan says

Hey,
    I’m Aimee, I live in Ireland and am currently on the search for a chef vacancy in Ibiza, I have over 5 years experience in an abundance of different kitchens from casual to silver service dining with the experience in pastry as well. CV can be provided.

18. Ciaran Chaney says

Hi my name is Ciaran, I’m Irish. I returned to Ireland two years ago from living in Bilbao for over three year to study pastry, baking and desserts. Now I plan to return to Spain, Valencia, with my family to find full time, permanent work as a baker or pastry chef.
    I have been working in a sourdough bakery for the last two years and also in the dessert section of a restaurant here. I have plenty of kitchen experience and a great desire to learn and grow in the sector.
    I speak fluent Spanish and am fully vaccinated. I am ready to start as soon as possible.
    Many thanks,
    Ciaran

19. Björn Goldbaum says

Hi my name is Björn, I’m a chef from Germany. I’m looking for a kitchen Job, preferably in Catalonia. I have experience working in different restaurants in Germany, the last one being Winzerhood GmbH& Co.KG in Hamburg (mostly vegetarian,international fusion). I can work great in a Team, but also on my own. I’m in Catalonia right now, so I’m looking to start as soon as possible.
    If you have any Questions, just send me an e-mail.
    Greetings Björn

20. Christian Amador says

Hello,

I’m looking for any kitchen position in Spain or anywhere really, I’m currently living and working in America but I’m looking to get my foot into the door somewhere else. I have plenty of experience and can provide my resume upon request. Thank you in advance.