Catering Jobs – Work in Spain as a Cook or Chef

This is our guide to working as a cook or a chef in Spain.

The tourist sector is extremely important to the economy of Spain upon which it relies heavily.

The fantastic weather and climate attracts tourists from all over Europe to enjoy the fantastic summer in Spain.

Naturally there are thousands of restaurants to cater for the tourists and a massive need for extra kitchen staff in the summer including cooks and chefs. The great thing is you can be an English-speaking person and get a culinary job as little Spanish (perhaps none) is required.

We invite restaurant owners and employers to list your job vacancies at the bottom of this page – it is free of charge to list your positions for chefs and cooks in Spain.

If you are a chef then please feel free to leave your jobs wanted at the bottom of the page with your contact details so employers can contact you directly.

Do you work as a chef in Spain? Please write in to tell us how much you get paid and earn – this will help jobseekers.

Where Can I Get a Job as a Chef in Spain?

This is one industry in which you can get a job in any Spanish town.

Of course it makes sense to consider the biggest tourist resorts which are generally located on the coast or some of the big cities such as Madrid and Barcelona are also good for finding catering work as a cook or chef.

job-spain-graphicAs a chef you are generally going to be working six days a week, usually for at least eight hours if not more. It would make sense to find a job in a nice location so you can make the most of your day off.

Why not start your search in one of the Spanish islands? For example the Canary Islands have an all year round climate and tourist season.

The busiest Canary islands would be Tenerife, Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Gran Canaria.

The Balearic Islands which are much closer to the mainland include Ibiza and Mallorca.

The Costa del Sol is also a great tourist area with major towns being Marbella, Fuengirola, Benalmadena, Malaga and Torremolinos.

Because of the large expatriate populations attracted to Spain by the sunshine and low cost of living compared to Northern Europe there is a market for many different types of cuisine – not just Spanish. Spain is crying out for Indian chefs and cooks, the large British expat population loves a good curry!

Types of Catering/Chef Jobs 2019

• Mexican chef
  • Pastry chef
  • Sous chef
  • Spanish chef
  • Sushi chef
  • Thai chef

Employers – List your catering vacancies such as cooks, chefs and kitchen staff below for free.

If you want a catering job in Spain, you can also fill in the comments box with your details, qualifications and the types of vacancies and jobs wanted.

Most Popular Places in Spain To Find Work:

Most Popular Work:

True Stories of Moving to Spain

Long-Term Property Rentals

Guide to Buying a Property

I Hate Spain – Shocking Opinions!

We also have our Spanish Job Prospects Section.

Comments

1. Eric Draper says

I have over 25 years cooking experience. I have worked in The USA, Mexico and Spain. I currently live in Barcelona. I am looking for restaurant work, preferably in the kitchen.

2. Hi
    I’m looking permanent head chef position in Spain
    12 years experience in high end industry and accolades
    Any available positions or questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.

3. Lee Martin Boardman says

Hi. I’m looking to find a job as a chef in Spain, city or coast, any location.
    I’m English, 37 years old, 20 years experience.
    I worked a summer season in Spain when I was younger. Also, I’ve worked in Portugal, Austria and France. For the last 6 years I’ve been working in China.
    My preferred cooking style is fusion Asian/European.
    I’ve travelled to and spent time in Europe, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Thailand and China, I’m quite knowledgeable about many different ingredients and flavour combinations.
    Im looking for a permanent, full time position as I intend raise my children in Europe, not China!
    I don’t speak Spanish, but I’ve started to learn.
    English is my native language and I’m semi fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
    Please get in touch with me if you would like to discuss further.

leeboardy82@gmail.com

Thanks for reading!

4. KEVIN HOWARD says

I am looking for a chef job in quesada this summer as I am looking to move to Spain permanently with my partner. I have 45 years of experience in the catering trade.

5. Anthony ramage says

Hi Anthony here I’ve been a chef for 12years in Scotland. I have worked all different kitchens and all corners. I am looking to hopefully get a job in Spain for a different culture of food.

6. Working summer in Majorca. We are looking for all restaurant staff (kitchen too), from April till November. People who are team workers, offer friendly service, are responsible and able to multi task – all are welcome. We provide all the papers and accommodation. Please get in touch with an up to date CV and photo. Send it to restaurant209@hotmail.com

7. Md. Al Amin says

I’m Md Al Amin. I am searching a job as a assistant chef . I am a Bangladeshi citizen and working in north Cyprus nowadays.

8. Donal Wraith says

My wife is a Thai chef from Bangkok and is looking for work on the Costa Del Sol region from April 2020

9. Gildas Badre says

Hi. I have recently moved to the Valencian region (Lliria) in Spain with my partner and I am looking for work as a chef in the area.
    I was classically trained in France and have over 25 years experience, most of it being in London, in fine dining.
    I have my own vehicle, NIE, and the “carnet de manipulador de alimentos”.
    My Spanish is acceptable and my French and English are excellent.
    Any opportunity would be appreciated, regardless of level.
    I have a CV available on request.
    Thank you.

10. Hi, my name is Antonio and I’m a 28 years old Chef from Italy, currently I’m working in UK, but I would love to move in a more friendly climate environment.
    My experience in a nutshell can be resumed as over 6 years of experience in Japanese – Sushi- Chinese (Seizchuanese-Malaysian), plus great experience in Italian – Mediterranean kitchen.

11. Richard O’Connor says

Chef de Partie from cork Ireland looking to move for some work anywhere at all will be considered.

4 years experience hotel and bars

Well used to a busy service

12. We are a popular all-day restaurant serving a international cliente from am to pm.

We are seeking a experienced person to join our existing busy kitchen team. You must have your Spanish N.I.E number and Spanish Social security numbers.
    We are looking for someone who must be located in Nerja or the surrounding areas.
    Spanish is our preferred language in the kitchen but also a good understanding of English is preferred. Curriculums must be sent.

13. Hicham Alaoui says

Hi I am a qualified chef with a diploma from Morocco , I would love the chance to work as a chef / catering in Spain . I have experience of working in fast paced kitchens around Morocco . Great references . Ready to work immediately . Thankyou for taking the time to read this

14. Robbie Grant says

Looking to hear from chefs that have worked in Spain recently to hear their opinions and how they got on while there
    Robbie

15. shaun dodd says

I am a chef looking to start a new life in spain , I have family that stays in Granada spain would nice to be close to that area , been a all-rounder never specialised so open to new challenges. How do I go about it from south Africa .

Shaun dodd

16. Rajendra Singh says

Dear, sir/ mam

Kindly find the attached file for available chef position I am looking for new opportunities to long term with your organization if possible from Hungary Europe am an Indian nationality currently working in Hungary for 1 year I have valid work permit of Hungary which is valid until August 2021 so if you consider my visa so I would like to join you for better career,

Thanks & Regards

Rajendra Singh

17. Ian Franks says

I am interested in working in Spain as a chef.
    I have over thirty years experience from fine dining to corporate events.

If you would like to know more please get in contact.

18. Would love to work as a chef in any Canary Islands get back to me ASAP I can travel tomorrow, I’ve 23 years experience and can do almost anything, let me know please thank you

19. Chris Jarret says

Hello.
    My name is Chris, been working in kitchens almost 20 years now. I’m currently seeking head chef, sous chef or lead line jobs in Barcelona.
    I have worked there before but this time around looking for something permanent.
    I would love to talk some more details with someone in regards to gettting something perfect set up ahead of time.

20. Jerome Buthello says

Hola todos,
    Me lliamo Jerome Buthello, I am a vastly experienced chef with more than 14 years of culinary experience ranging from French to Mediterranean and contemporary European cuisine as well as a little bit of fusion of Japanese and South American cuisines. I have worked around the world on cruise liners, restaurants, hotels and catering services and I am really wanting to work in espana (any city) in hotels, restaurants etc to even gain more knowledge about the evolving cucina espana.
    If there are any takers for my skills and experience for a line chef or cook plz contact me on jbuthello@gmail.com.

23 − 10 =