Catering Jobs – Work in Spain as a Cook or Chef

This is our guide to working as a cook or a chef in Spain.

The tourist sector is extremely important to the economy of Spain upon which it relies heavily.

The fantastic weather and climate attracts tourists from all over Europe to enjoy the fantastic summer in Spain.

Naturally there are thousands of restaurants to cater for the tourists and a massive need for extra kitchen staff in the summer including cooks and chefs. The great thing is you can be an English-speaking person and get a culinary job as little Spanish (perhaps none) is required.

We invite restaurant owners and employers to list your job vacancies at the bottom of this page – it is free of charge to list your positions for chefs and cooks in Spain.

If you are a chef then please feel free to leave your jobs wanted at the bottom of the page with your contact details so employers can contact you directly.

Do you work as a chef in Spain? Please write in to tell us how much you get paid and earn – this will help jobseekers.

Where Can I Get a Job as a Chef in Spain?

This is one industry in which you can get a job in any Spanish town.

Of course it makes sense to consider the biggest tourist resorts which are generally located on the coast or some of the big cities such as Madrid and Barcelona are also good for finding catering work as a cook or chef.

job-spain-graphicAs a chef you are generally going to be working six days a week, usually for at least eight hours if not more. It would make sense to find a job in a nice location so you can make the most of your day off.

Why not start your search in one of the Spanish islands? For example the Canary Islands have an all year round climate and tourist season.

The busiest Canary islands would be Tenerife, Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Gran Canaria.

The Balearic Islands which are much closer to the mainland include Ibiza and Mallorca.

The Costa del Sol is also a great tourist area with major towns being Marbella, Fuengirola, Benalmadena, Malaga and Torremolinos.

Because of the large expatriate populations attracted to Spain by the sunshine and low cost of living compared to Northern Europe there is a market for many different types of cuisine – not just Spanish. Spain is crying out for Indian chefs and cooks, the large British expat population loves a good curry!

Types of Catering/Chef Jobs 2019

• Mexican chef
  • Pastry chef
  • Sous chef
  • Spanish chef
  • Sushi chef
  • Thai chef

Employers – List your catering vacancies such as cooks, chefs and kitchen staff below for free.

If you want a catering job in Spain, you can also fill in the comments box with your details, qualifications and the types of vacancies and jobs wanted.

Most Popular Places in Spain To Find Work:

Most Popular Work:

True Stories of Moving to Spain

Long-Term Property Rentals

Guide to Buying a Property

I Hate Spain – Shocking Opinions!

We also have our Spanish Job Prospects Section.

Comments

1. I am a highly qualified chef with experience on several continents.
    Private chef to Sir Elton John.
    Owned my own restaurant in Caracas for ten years, which was consistently listed as the Restaurant of the year by the American Chamber of Commerce in Caracas and sited as “best new restaurant” by Gourmet magazine.
    During my residence in South America I catered for dignitaries and the “jet set” such as the billionaire Gustavo Cisneros, Carolina Herrera, Luciano Pavarotti, Henry Kissinger and The Queen of the Netherlands, from whom I received a personal letter of commendation from the Royal Palace in the Hague. As a celebrity chef, I have conducted gastronomic festivals throughout South America and the Caribbean.
    I recently arrived in Spain from Cyprus, where I was executive chef of a new haute cuisine restaurant in Limassol specializing in Mediterranean cuisine. The establishment, “Viva la Vida”, boasted the number one position on Trip Advisor rivalling even the five-star hotels.
    I worked closely with the owners to create a unique dining experience forming a brigade of seven talented and enthusiastic chefs. I held the position of executive chef of the most celebrated five-star hotel in Cape Town where I worked with a team of fifty chefs.
    I was appointed executive chef and head of the department of culinary arts at a prestigious culinary college in Cyprus, before leaving the island for Spain.
    I have recently completed a contract with the Frenezy fine dining restaurant in Alicante. See TripAdvisor “Frenezy”, Alicante. You are most welcome to contact my employer Patrick Guevens owner of Frenezy at 673598840.
    Can start immediately
    My LinkedIn profile is: https://www.linkedin.com/in/patrick-dwyer-1145312b/

2. Amanda Wilson says

Hi, Looking for a Head Chef preferably with Fine Dining experience to work in Gibraltar and Southern Spain. Please send CVs to admin@vbc.gi

3. Joanne Johnson says

Hi, my name’s Jo. My partner and I want to move but desperately need jobs first. My partner works in sales and I can turn my hand to all sorts. I can clean, iron, I’ve been a carer and also worked as a sales assistant. We both have amazing customer service skills.
    Get in touch if you like the sound of us.

4. Westmids67 says

Hi My husband has been a chef for over 25yrs and a fully qualified baker & confectioner. He has just been offered a position, initially he will be in a Bistro but has been employed as the owners of the bistro are going to opening a bakery/ deli. HE FOUND THIS VIA SPANISH iNDEED, THE SALARY TO START IS £1400 MONTH. We are going out this week to meet the owners and ensure we like the area having not ever visited the Almeria region. They seem lovely and very good employers as they offered to sort out an apartment for our arrival then later when we’ve settled and decided where we want to be long-term,to help towards the costs moving into a villa.

5. David McAhren says

My family is looking for a personal cook for our villa during the weeks of July 2nd and July 9th. My wife is very interested in working with the cook to learn traditional Spanish / European dishes along with our grand daughter while having a meal or two prepared daily. If the experience is right, there may be an opportunity for an extension through the summer into August.

6. Alexandre Gresset says

Hi,
    My name isAlexandre Gresset, 38years old French, leaving in London for the past 12 year as head pastry and bakery chef in different companies, fine dining ( Michelin stars), 5 stars hotel, manufacturing as NPD chef and currently in French artisanal bakery.
    My wife, daughter and I are looking to relocate to Tenerife.
    If interested, please send me an email and I will reply with an updated CV.
    Best regards,

Alex

alexandregresset@yahoo.fr

7. Povilas Giunteris says

Hi! Looking for a cdp or jr sous possitions in alicante region. 8yr experience including hotels, fine dinening restaurants, ** michelin restaurant as a cdp. I don’t speak Spanish for the moment but learning, fluent in english, Russian, Lithuanian and proficiant in French. Any info is usefull thanks in advance

8. Hi! How I can find a job in Gran Canaria? Wher? I want job in the hotel in Gran Canaria . Thank you very mutch. I m waiting answer.

9. Damian garcia says

Hello my name is Damian.
    I have been working as a chef for the last 12 years from commie to head. I am punctual, reliable and always work the best of my ability.

I am looking to relocate to gran canaria as love the weather and atmosphere of the island.
    I speak fluent English and Spanish.
    Thank you.
    Regards.

10. Md.Golam Farooque says

Hi,
    My name is Farooque, I am 45 years old Bangladeshi citizen. Currently working in a very busy restaurant as a chef in Bangladesh ( Indian & Bangladeshi cuisine). I used to work four years as a tandoori & curry chef in the UK. During that time i have successfully done FOOD SAFETY IN CATERING course from Chartered Institute of Environmental Health UK. I”m also worked in a pizza,kebab & burger shop in Birkenhead,UK.
    Now i’m very interested to work in Spain. If any person want to hire me plz contact via my e-mail address.
    Also contact me on 0088-01969452400.

11. Maureen Hill says

Maureen Hill April 2. 2018 Hi my husband and my self are looking for work in cost del silencl or Tenerife cleaning apartment or kitchen help my husband is a handy man

12. Ross Caithness says

I am a 26 year old chef with 6 years experience up to rosette level fine dining. I am currently looking for work around Marbella/Malaga and available to start immediately. If you’re looking for a passionate, reliable and hard working chef please get in touch and I would be more than happy to send a CV and references.
    Thanks in advance,
    Ross Caithness

• Amanda Wilson says

Hi Ross

Are you still looking for work? I have a potential opportunity for you in Gibraltar if you want to send your CV or give us a call. admin@vbc.gi or call 00350 20043392

13. Craig Barlow says

Hello

I have just moved to Malaga 2 weeks ago and inquiring about chef vacancies

I have 13 years experience as a Chef in the Royal Navy cooking for sizes 4 upto 1200

I also have experience as stock room and catering supervisor and have also managed small teams

14. Zoe Tozer says

Hi I’m a zoe tozer 27 year old chef with 1o years expiriece in a number of catering environment and working with all different cusines. Im looking to take my career to the next level and would to learn more and travel as I do.

15. Desislava says

Hi, my name is Dessislava.I’m pastry chef I wont to working in a hotel as a patisseries. I’ve been working on river cruise ships, 4 and 5 star Hilton, Novotel, Sol Melia. The winter season is working in Austria.I wond to work in 4 or 5 star hotels in Ibiza.

16. Desislava says

Hi, my name is Dessislava. I wont to working in a hotel as a patisseries. I’ve been working on river cruise ships, 4 and 5 star Hilton, Novotel, Sol Melia. The winter season is working in Austria.I wond to work in 4 or 5 star hotels in Ibiza.

17. Steinunn Karla Hlodversdottir says

Hi. I moving to Benidorm in August or September 2018 and I need a job part or full time, I have been chef in school (500 kids) and have clean the house but I can do everything. I am 51 years old.

18. Cook needed for busy restaurant in Nerja. No accomadation given. Must have experience working in busy environment and have good communications skills. please send cvs to bakersbar@hotmail.com

19. Hi we are a married couple I’m 50 and my wife 40
    We are looking for work as cleaning apartments etc and key holding
    My wife is a nursery manager so would do child minding babysitting
    Iv been a qualified chef in the raf also last 15 years worked and supurvised on site general labour skills mostly finishing off apartments
    We are both hard workers and ready to move out when your ready

20. Hi. I am an ex Royal Air Force chef ,worked for THF,Berni Inns and independent restaurants. I’ve held a bar licence and also done security work. My wife and I are looking to move to Lanzarote,as she is capable of bar work ,customer service and front of house work. We have no children, all have left the nest, so just the two of us. I love good old fashioned cooking and don’t mind in the slightest early starts. Anywhere in Lanzarote would be out of this world and if accommodation is available too that would be fantastic. We both only speak English but very willing to learn the local dialects in time.

12 × 30 =