La Zenia is a small coastal resort south of Torrevieja on the Southern Costa Blanca Coast on the Orihuela Costa.
Close to Murcia airport and Alicante airport, the resort has everything you need within walking distance but hiring a car car be useful especially if you want to explore the area and in particular if you are playing golf at the many nearby courses.
The price comparison search engine below finds the cheapest car hire deals for La Zenia.
It compares over 500 different companies including the major global car hire companies as well as local Spanish companies.
Giving you the lowest and cheapest price for renting a car in La Zenia.
Get the lowest quote for La Zenia in just seconds…
We price compare saving you time & money.
The Auto Europe price comparison search engine compares the best rates between Spanish car hire providers.
No more searching, no more confusion.
The price comparison website above compares prices from over 500 different providers. In the end you are left with the cheapest options for your specific dates of travel to La Zenia.
These car hire companies range from international brand names such as Hertz to local Spanish companies such as Sol Mar.
As well as getting the cheapest deal you also save yourself considerable amounts of time and you avoid the hassle of searching the web for hours.
WHY HIRE OR RENT A CAR IN LA ZENIA?
For most people hiring a car in La Zenia is unnecessary because it is quite a small and compact resort located on the southern Costa Blanca Spain on the Orihuela Costa.
If however you are slightly away from the popular beach area you may wish to consider renting a car especially if you plan to take some days out and excursions in order to explore the many attractions on the Costa Blanca coast.
If you are arriving into Murcia airport then this is very close by, only about 20 minutes away and a short transfer which won’t cost a lot. We have a specific airport transfers page giving you the options and prices.
If however you are arriving into Alicante airport then you may wish to hire a car in order to get to the resort which is about 45 minutes away. Here is a useful map.
Another option is simply to get a transfer by shuttle bus or taxi to La Zenia and then hire a car for the days when you wish to explore.
There are a number of local car hire companies in the resort itself.
Certainly if you plan to play at the many good golf courses in the area such as Royal Campoamor golf club, Las Ramblas de Orihuela golf club and Villamartin golf club, then you will need car hire as public transport is unreliable and minimal.
La Zenia’s major attraction as a tourist resort are the two lovely sandy beaches called Playa Cala Bosque and Playa Cala Cerrada which you can see on our web cam page.
There are plenty of apartments to rent as well as hotels such as the four-star La Zenia hotel which is right between the two beaches.
Below we have a search box for renting apartments or villas:
If you want a more detailed guide to the resort, we suggest you look at our La Zenia tourist information page.
Below we have some lovely pictures of the beach and the big white building in the background is the La Zenia Hotel.
Car Rental Tips
Before you commit to renting a car we have a few handy tips just to be on the lookout for:
* Be careful that all the extras are included in the price and are not added on when you get to the car hire desk. You want a price which is cheap but also includes items such as unlimited mileage, taxes and insurance.
* It is pretty much standard these days but it is always doublechecking that your car has air conditioning, you will definitely need it in August!
* In recent times there has actually been a shortage of cars to rent in La Zenia so you do need to book ahead and not just arrive at the airport or in the town and expect to pick up a car. Book in advance, secure your car and get the best possible price.
* Choosing the cheapest car may be false economy. Some cars are extremely small especially the economy models and you might find it difficult to fit your luggage in the boot!
* Taking your own booster seat or child seat is recommended just so you don’t get to the car hire company only to find they have run out. Even if you have booked one, things can go wrong in Spain.
* In the height of season the local car rental offices in La Zenia will often run out of cars and substitute your choice for another one. Definitely take all your paperwork along so you can see exactly what you have booked, so you can complain if you are not given the correct choice of model and make.
* Before you drive off we recommend just giving your car a quick check for damages just to make sure that you are not charged when you hand your car back in.
* You definitely need to be aware of what the excess is should you have an accident. It can be quite steep, often €500 or more. You can take out an additional small premium known as CDW excess insurance to protect this.
Driving in Spain can be quite unpredictable especially if you are not used to it.
Of course you will need to drive on the right hand side of the road instead of the left. If you are at all concerned you might well wish to look at our page on driving safely in Spain.
Hiring a Car in La Zenia – Page Summary – This page has a comparison feature which will search all the major car hire rates and deals for La Zenia so you can choose the cheapest option.
Most Important La Zenia Pages:
- Airport Transfer to La Zenia
- La Zenia Map & Directions
- La Zenia Weather Forecast
- La Zenia Webcam
- Estate Agents/Inmobiliaria
Nearby Towns & Resorts: