Work as a DJ in Ibiza Spain

Welcome to our guide on getting a job in Ibiza as a DJ in one of the many clubs, bars and pubs on the island.

Unless you are one of the world’s top DJs you’re likely to struggle to find a job on the island.

Becoming a DJ (deejay) in one of the major clubs such as Pacha, Eden, Amnesia, Es Paradis, Privilege, Amnesia and Space is virtually impossible unless you are a well-known name in the industry.

Famous DJ’s working the turntables in Ibiza nightclubs include David Guetta, Carl Cox, Judge Jules, Pete Tong, Tiesto and Armin Van Buuren.

We also have some advice on moving to Ibiza.

DJ Jobs in Spain 2020

If you are looking for a DJ job in Spain then without doubt you should be looking at Ibiza first and foremost. As discussed above it is very difficult to find work here in one of the superclubs but there are are plenty of other smaller venues.

The positive news is that there are lots of bars, pubs, discos and smaller clubs that also require DJs to cater for the thousands of dance-mad tourists who come to Ibiza (Eivissa) every year.

Some of the other Spanish islands also had some good clubs and work opportunities where you won’t need to be a superstar internationally famous DJ unlike Ibiza!

There are some good clubs and opportunities to be a DJ in Tenerife and Marbella.

Majorca also has a thriving club scene especially in the resort of Magaluf with the BCM Club.

Any DJ (disc jockey) jobs available that we have will be listed at the bottom of the page.

Employers and clubs – list your DJ job vacancies for free.

If you’re looking for work as a DJ in Ibiza, please also leave your details at the bottom of the page so that you can be contacted directly.

There are plenty of alternative employment opportunities to work in Ibiza and some of the other types of jobs are very much easier to find, for example, bar jobs, PR jobs, hotel jobs, holiday rep jobs and dancer jobs.

To be honest what you might need to do is put your disc jockey ambitions on hold and just get any type of club job just to work the summer season and then you can seek out gigs and search for vacancies when you’re actually there once you get to know people.

Start by going into workers bars such as the Ship Inn. Some of these workers bars will let you play free on their decks and you can play some mixes and maybe get discovered?

Ibiza DJ Jobs

Becoming a DJ in Ibiza is much harder than it looks. This island may be famous as a magnet for clubbers all over the world but there are still only a limited amount of clubs and you are competing against world famous names.

The most likely way to get a DJ job is in one of the small bars and pubs in the West End area of San Antonio.

Even there, many of the bars and clubs have resident DJs who return every single year.

You just have to start at the bottom and work your way up.

Unless you have a name then you will also have to be aware that you can’t turn up play your mixes and favourite tracks.

The bars and nightclubs in the West End will expect you to play the most commercial dance and pop music regardless of your taste or abilities as that is what their customers want.

Here is a good article about DJ Sam, AKA Miss Divine who has been fortunate enough to gain a residency at Hush in Ibiza.

Most DJ jobs will be located in the busy resort of San Antonio but around the island are other major resorts such as Ibiza Town and Playa d’en Bossa.At least as a DJ you are actually working in the clubs themselves with the bonus of free drinks included.

Can’t get work as a DJ? – you can buy Pacha tickets here.

Where Can I Get DJ Jobs?

Any vacancies that we are aware of will be listed at the bottom of this page, you can also contact the major clubs directly. These clubs hold their opening parties from mid-May going through to the closing parties mid-September.

Page Summary

We hope the article above helps you in your quest to work as a DJ in Spain and in particular in Ibiza in the Balearics which is the best place to work as a DJ as it has the best dance clubs in Spain. Some of the questions we get asked:

• Can I get a deejay (DJ) job in Space/Pacha/Eden/Amnesia/Es Paradis/Privilege?
  • Where is the best place in Spain to get work as a DJ?
  • DJ jobs wanted Ibiza?
  • Am I allowed to work as a DJ in Spain?
  • I want to DJ in Spain.

All disc jockey jobs in Ibiza are listed below in the comments box.

Employers – please list your job vacancies below for free.

If you are looking for a job as a DJ in Ibiza you can leave your details below for free.

Most Important Ibiza Job Pages:

Ibiza Jobs & Work

You May Also Want To Consider:

Helpful Pages When Moving to Spain:

Move to Spain – Guide & Real Stories

Long-Term Lets & Rentals

Buy Property

I Hate Spain – Downsides

… Main Section on Find Jobs in Spain

Comments

1. Diego Escudero says

Hello I’m Don Diego Escudero thank you for taking time out to review my inquiry. I’m a seasoned DJ with more then two decades experience. My sound track is house music (90’s, soulful, deep, minimal, afro). As well I do play classic rarities from 70’s soul, R&B, 80’s dance orientated rock in the mix to tone down the four on the floor monotony. I reside stateside Miami, FL and have DJ at many notable venue Nikki Beach, Liquid, Crobar, Bar 821, Marlin Bar, Blue, Touch, Segafredo’s cafe plus many more. I also host my mixes on Mixcloud.com where you can tune in 24 hours a day to listen in here:
    mixcloud.com/DJDonDiegoEscudero
    In closing, I am interested in spreading my wings to play abroad if given the opportunity I have DJ from small bars to BIG room clubs and feel very comfortable to DJ in any room given. Thank You

2. HI I have been a dj for 23 years . i can play anything . i am currently in spain and would be interested in any offers . I have worked in many places through the years and have also had my own night . I have also been a resident

3. 19 year old EDM DJ. Bilingual (second language is Spanish). DJ of 3 years, played exclusive private parties in Qatar, in the Middle East. Learnt to DJ in Amsterdam via a Pioneer Certified Course taught by David Stellar (signed to revealed recordings). I am also a music producer of 3 years and can make mash-ups and full sets.

4. Hey!
    I am a DJ from Amsterdam, experienced in techno and house music, but also in funk/groove.
    I would love to play on Ibiza. I know how to creatie a very good dance/party vibe that people are looking for in Ibiza.

My contact details van be found on my website: djlaval.com

Hope to hear from you!
    See you in Ibiza!
    Saskia

5. Clement Shandu says

Hi my name is Clement shandu am from south Africa currently playing as DJ in Havana music cafe am young man willing to archive in DJ infact in music am a deep house and afro house DJ am looking forward to showcase my dream i just need an opportunity to showcase my dream am bowing down request an chance to play in your place promising to not disappoint but to make you proud for giving me a chance

Clement shandu

6. Danielle Cooper says

Hi looking for dj work I fly to ibiza 3rd April and wanna summer season job.

Been djing 20 years mixing dance music like house n trance n hard dance.

My Facebook is
    Danielle Cooper Newton abbot for my demos etc…

Of u have bar or dj work pls msg me on fb thanks xx

7. Pro Soul Funk Dj
    Radio presenter
    Genres
    Soul , funk , disco
    Variants of house
    Party , commercial
    Great mic skills
    Radio Dj to the worlds longest soul event
    Looking for summer season abroad

8. Hi everyone,

I am a DJ coming from a family of musicians. I became a DJ for the love for music and my passion to share best music with others. Music styles that I love and describe my DJ profile are Deep House, Tech House, Progressive House, Minimal, Nu Disco and Lounge/Chill-out.
    My DJ’s carrier started in Vilnius “GMD” festival. Since then I am performing in various events and places (discos, bars, beach bars/clubs, luxury restaurants and hotels as well as private parties).
    In 2014 I graduated from the music school “Millenia Dj School” in Valencia, Spain. Since then I am a professional DJ.
    I am opened for any offers to perform.
    Here is the link to my SoundCloud page where you can find some examples of my mixes:

9. Discomangadjane says

I’ve been working for 12 years as a go go dancer for the most popular Dj- s worldwide , so I become an Dj also 3 years ago and I started my Dj career in London I have a lot of experience ,, I can play from progressive house , lounge house till techhouse and sometimes techno depends of the venue and the events ,, I love to play at festivals, clubs , pool and beach parties ,, boat parties , restaurant events and private parties ,,, you would never hear from me any EDM or Trance music !!! My Instagram : discomangaofficial , soundcloud : DiscoManga

10. Onofrei irinel cristinel says

Hi! I am Cristinel,and i am a professional dj ,with 10 years of experience,i am from romania,i am coming this april in ibiza and i am looking to play some good music.i can play any music but i prefer minimal/tech-house/deep house.if you have any jobs available for this summer let me know.

11. Tin Sebelja says

Dear
    Im 18 year old DJ from Croatia with experience i preforming in bars. I enjoy house, tech-house and techno but I also have knowledge in reggaeton and commercial dance music. Since now I have been working on pioneer DDJ RB 400 and traktor controler, but I am willing to learn working on other equipment if you give me an opportunity. I speak fluent Croatian, English and Italian.
    Thank you in advance for your reply!
    Best regards,
    Tin Sebelja

12. *FEATURED* DJ Jobs Ibiza: 17 DJs Wanted for 2019 Summer Season

01/11/2018 | House, EDM & Ibiza Anthems

After using us for the last few years, a hotel in Ibiza would like to hire DJs again in 2019. The hotel will need 17 DJs over the course of the summer season. Each DJ will play a weeks worth of gigs at the hotel club as well as by their pool. During the week there will be between 5 and 7 sets. Music needs to have an Ibiza vibe. Going by previous years, genres such as EDM, house and Ibiza anthems are what the hotel want DJs to play. As well being perfect mixers, DJs will have a good ear for music and be able to work a dance-floor. It’s essential to have a current passport and a background DJing at bars or clubs… i hope any can me help by this suggest please best reg Andrea

• Chris "Goodspin" says

Hello,

I am a well established DJ from Vancouver Canada and am looking for a possible DJ adventure in Ibiza.
      I enjoy soulful & beach house plus electro and big beat sounds. Uplifting vibes is what I excel at. I currently play about 200 times a year here in Canada and would love a change of pace for a few months. I’ve opened for Tall Paul, Armand Van Helden, Pete Tong and others over the years and would love to bring my style and sound to Ibiza. I hope to hear from you – Happy New Year! – Cheers, Chris ( I can send links & demos upon request)

• Nathaniel Whessell says

Hi there,

I’d be very interested in the work advertised. I am from Brighton, UK – The house music capital of my country and home to the legend that is Fatboy slim, who happens to live just down the road from me.
      Being a former radio DJ/Presenter and CURRENT Resident DJ for the well-respected Brighton SEAFRONT venue “The Globe Brighton” every Friday, you can always expect to hear a unique blend of Soulful House, Funky and Chill-out music from myself. Other artists i have worked with or performed with/opened for include the likes of MistaJam DJ, Toddla T, Ed Sheeran & Redlight to name but a few.

I can be contacted at nathanielwhessell@gmail.com and look forward to hearing from you.

• Martin Bird says

Hi, Ive been a professional DJ for 17 years, Ive done three summers in Ibiza.
      I also DJ’d on cruise ships in Norway for two years.
      I have a huge selection of music, I can cater for all tastes.
      I have experience playing to many different age groups,
      I am happy to be on the mic and enjoy meeting people and taking requests.

• Jason Gouveia says

Hi there,

I am currently on my forth consecutive season DJing.’ Started in Zante, RESCUE CLUB, 2000 + people every night. Followed by the French Alps , then in five different Venues in Puerto Banus, Marbella, Spain and now I am back in the French Alps again until the end of APRIL 2019. I am looking for summer work DJing in Ibiza.

Please find TWO PROMO VIDEOS ATTACHED –

RESCUE CLUB ZANTE – 2000+ People each night – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERst9WzaxX0
      SALOON BAR, VAL DISERE, FRENCH ALPS – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCFdZWB3eDI&t=3s

My email is jasongouveia@gmail.com and contact number is 00447400256702

Please contact me for a chat if I can help you out!!

• Milana Alexeyeva says

Hello!! My name is Milana, I am a pro house, house tech, electro, deep house DJ currently living in Paris. I am looking to get gigs in Ibiza. I am hosting several house parties in Paris and play in many bars and best rooftops. Please contact me.
      Cheers!

• Hello!

My name is Emily and I’m a Belgian DJ who lives in the summer at Ibiza. I have been DJ’ing at several clubs in Belgium and the Netherlands in genres like Deep House, House Tech, Bass House, EDM, Classical House (with my violin) and many more, but this year I’m looking to fill my summer with some gigs at ibiza! 🙂
      Feel free to contact me if you are looking for an allround DJ by sending a mail to ‘djmleproductions@gmail.com’!

Regards,
      Emily

13. Petter Elie says

Hello Madam/Sir

I am looking for a job as a DJ Pro Tech, i love playing in the adult disco. Various types of music. i also i play on theme nights, like Country Western, 50’s & 60’s. and also i had work before with cruise staff duties during the daytime or nigh hours.. I have 12 years working as Disc Jockey and also i have a knowledge of 40’s music and of course i have large library of music for everyone, including international. latin and european and EDM.

All My documents are updated including safety Certificates. My resume is down below.

Petter Elie

14. Orphic Soul says

my name is Orphic Soul from South Africa, i am a soulful Deep House and electronic dj, i do monthly shows in Ibiza Live Radio introduced by Miss Luna, so i wanna know if it possible to get a gig or to play live set because i trust and believe i can make it to show case my talent. i play good quality music if i could find just one gig i can prove to you the quality of music i play.

thank you for reviewing this i just hope a chance could be given.

regards
    Orphic Soul

15. Harvey Squires says

Hey! DJ Harvey Ross here! I am a Tech House/House DJ looking for gigs outside the UK and what better place than Ibiza! Been mixing for four years now and play all kinds of music at numerous bars, pubs and clubs in my local area. I can get a crowd going easily and specialise in Tech House and Techno which is owning the Ibiza scene at the moment.

Here is a link to my mixcloud:

16. Hi, I’m DJ Sharp, a professional DJ from New Jersey USA with 20+ years of experience. I have the ability to play for any crowd.

My experience includes playing at the beach bar “Xcape” in Cancún Mexico, “Tilted Kilt” In East Brunswick, NJ, over 300 weddings for couples, along with many other events throughout the years. DJ Sharp Entertainment for provides professional services.

I play and mix current & throwback Hip Hop, R&B, Top 40, Latin, Reggae, Deep House, Soulful House, EDM, Pop, Funk, Disco, 80s & 90s dance.

If you’re ever in need of a headliner DJ, guest DJ or replacement DJ for any event, Sharp can be reached on his cell at 609-510-8851 or you can email him at djsharpmusic@gmail.com

Thanks

DJ Sharp

17. ANONYM 'HOUSE DJ'S says

Hello, FOR 2018 Now ! Have You a DANCEFLOOR ? Need a REAL DJ ‘s ? On TECHNICS Turntables… OK, From France, Anonym’ House DJ’s (1 Man & 1Djane internationale) We are at Ibiza right Now and Opérationnel 🙂 Contact :00.31.6.17.03.26.92 (french GSM) or leon.anonymhouse@gmail.com / DJ AXELA (DJANE. COM) SEE YOU LATER FOR HAPPY PEOPLE & MUSIC ONLY

18. He Guy’s,
    I am doing a motor bike DJ tour of Spain, this will all be filmed and later put on a you tube channel.
    The purpose of this endeavor is to meet and interview interesting people while traveling and turning the tables.
    I am not looking to DJ @ the big clubs, I am looking to meet fun people 30, 40’s and up that seem to get forgotten but make up a large portion of holiday makers.
    In order to pay for my travels and video project I perform behind the digital turning tables in order to reach a larger crowed for my project.
    So if you want to include your club, pub, bar or fiesta in my marketing project and help me get the word out about your fun place to be in the sun…. contact me DJ Nixx

19. Petar Hrvol says

DJ/VJ/Ligh tech, stage menager, tour menager, stage hands job please let me know

petargontier@gmail.com

ready to move asap

20. Hello, my name is Emilian, I play techno from 96-97, I have one month free and I want to play as a dj in Ibiza, I play deep house, detroit house, acid house, tech house minimal, techno. I have some experience I think and I wish I could share my style which I think is not very comercial. if someone is intersteed pls call me at 0032493821262, or write me to unique_emi@yahoo.co.uk, thank you

4 + 1 =