Hotel/Hospitality Jobs – Want to ACTUALLY Find Work in Spanish Hotel in 2020?

Spain is the fourth most visited country in the world after France, America and China with almost 60 million foreign tourists in 2010 (source World Tourism Organization).

All of these tourists naturally need accommodation and so there is a massive opportunity to find jobs in hotels in Spain servicing and looking after the needs of these travellers.

Advice on this page would also apply if you are looking for hostel jobs in Spain or accommodation jobs in Spain.

hotel puerta americaWe have latest live job listings at the bottom of this page and if you are an employer we welcome your hotel job postings – it is free to list your vacancies.

Do you want to work in a hotel in Spain?

You can also use the comments box at the bottom of this page to list your details, hotel jobs wanted and your contact details.

Below we have a general guide towards hotel jobs which are classified under the hospitality industry.

Where Can I Find Spanish Hotel Jobs?

The Costa del Sol in the south of Spain is the most obvious place to find hotel work. The wonderful climate, weather, beaches and golf courses attract visitors from all over Europe.

This is home to many mass tourist resorts such as Marbella, Malaga, Fuengirola, Torremolinos and Benalmadena. There are many luxury complexes with five star hotels and golf courses.

job-spain-graphicThe Costa Blanca coast is another very popular tourist region with many possibilities to find hotel work in towns such as Alicante, Torrevieja and Benidorm.

You might have thought the Spanish cities of Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia would have been good places to look at hotel jobs but actually this isn’t the case. This is because the major cities tend to empty in the summer months as the residents flock to the Spanish coasts and islands for their summer holidays.

Much better locations for work would be the popular Spanish islands of the Canary Islands and Balearic Islands. Working in a hotel in these locations will probably involve working six days a week but at least on your day off you get to enjoy the island and beaches and become a tourist for the day.

The best Spanish islands for hotel jobs are Mallorca, Ibiza, Tenerife, Lanzarote and Gran Canaria.

Hotel & Hospitality Work in Spain

The good news for nationals of European Union countries is that no visa will be required to work in Spain.

As long as you are employed on an official working contract you will be entitled to free medical care under the Spanish health system.

Advantages of working in a hotel in Spain are that in most cases you receive live-in accommodation which will save you approximately at least €500 a month which you would have to pay elsewhere renting or sharing an apartment.

The most common hotel positions would be serving drinks behind the bar or waiting on tables as a waiter or waitress in the restaurants. These are the sort of hotel jobs for English speakers that you could expect to find. Even in these jobs some basic Spanish will definitely be required.

Only a very limited amount of reception and hotel front desk work is available. These positions tend to be full-time and you would need to be fluent in Spanish, English and German would be a definite advantage too.

Cleaning staff such as chambermaids are definitely required in the hotels although as you can imagine the wages are very much minimum wage of about four or five Euros an hour.

You may also be able to get a job as a holiday rep in Spain working in one of the major hotels looking after the English-speaking guests for the major tour operators who offer package holidays to the resorts. These jobs are not available in the resorts but must be obtained directly from the tour operators in advance.

Hotel Marques de Riscal

Hotel Marques de Riscal

Major Spanish Hotel Chains

Types of Hotel Positions

• Bellhop
  • Concierge
  • Checking guests in and out
  • Reservations staff
  • Singers
  • Dancers
  • Holiday Reps
  • Chambermaid
  • Cleaners
  • Security guard

Summary

• Duration: Most hotel work is seasonal and of course most positions only available for three months in the summer months of June, July and August.
  • Apply: At least 3 months before your arrival Spain.
  • Wages/Pay/Salary: Depends on position, from four euros an hour for cleaners to managerial positions.
  • Visa: No visa is required for EU nationals.
  • Qualifications: Hospitality degrees and diplomas a definite advantage. Employers will expect some previous experience in the hotel industry.

Hotel Employers – List your hospitality and hotel job vacancies in Spain below – for free.

If you want a job working in a hotel in Spain, you can also fill in the comments box with your details, qualifications and the types of vacancies and job positions wanted.

Alternative Places for Spanish Jobs:

Most Searched For Jobs:

Interviews With People Who Have Moved to Spain

Long-Term Rentals

Property

I Hate Spain – Problems & Disadvantages

For a full index of pages see our finding work and jobs main section.

Comments

1. Hello good people,

I’m willing to relocate to Spain, Alicante, Barcelona, Valencia or somewhere around, as soon as possible.

Shorty story about me:
    2 years experience in 4star hotel as receptionist.
    Never worked as waitress or houskeeper but I believe I can carry the plates and clean the rooms 🙂

I speak, write, read very good in English, native language is Lithuanian (not an advantage in Spain but must mention this fact), A2 in russian language, A1 spanish.
    Good problem solving skills, multitasking, team player, positive attitude.

Looking for ANY hotel work; Summer job; provided accommodation would be highly appreciated.

Thank You for Your time.

2. Neil Clark says

Hello, My name is Neil, and I have over 20 years experience in high end decorating and currently working for a 5 star hotel/ restaurant in London but looking to move to Spain permanently .I speak some Spanish but learning more everyday with my Spanish partner .
    Happy to email cv on request.
    .Gracias

3. Angela Martins says

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Angela Martins, I have have 3 years experience in Hospitality and Costumer service, with a Degree in Marketing Management.
    I am currently working in UK, but I would like to have an experience in hospitality in others countries,where I can learn and improve my career, a new challenge.

Warm Regards

4. Ethan brodigan says

I am currently studying sport coaching at northumbria university. I have experience in customer service skills and have minimum experience in working in a bar. I am hard working, determined, organised and am a fast learner. I am fluent in English and can speak some Spanish but very eager to learn more! I have always wanted to work in Spain ever since I first started going when I was 3.

5. Julie Kopecka says

Hello!
    My name is Julie, I am a first year Psychology student from Liverpool, England, planning to work as a child Psychologist in the future. I am looking for seasonal job in Spain, Costa del Sol, Majorca, Tenerife, Fuerteventura or Lanzarote. I have a lot of experience working with children in Fun Factory kids club in Ballymena, Northern Ireland, UK. I have an experience with customer service, working in restaurants, shops and bars, during my studies. I am looking for position in kids club, entertaining, bar staff, waitress, housekeeper etc. I speak English, Czech, Slovakian, Polish, Ukrainian and Russian and currently learning spanish, I am also looking to improve my Spanish by working there.

6. Hello, I am looking for a hospitality job in the Costa del Sol area. I have been travelling back and forth for the past two years and am now looking to relocate due to personal reasons.
    I’m a 24 year old female with such ambition, I studied travel and tourism at college and am very eager to find something immediately.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you.

7. Hello!
    I am living in Alicante since two month. I looking for a work for long time or only holidays.
    Work in Hotel would be perfect for me.
    I have 3 years of sales experience. Also I was work like customer support, on reception and like waitress.
    I speak in Polish, English and comunicative in Spanish.
    Generally I have place to stay in Alicante but still work with acomodation too interesting me.
    People say that Im really likeable. I can work on reception, on restaurant, on administration whatever.
    I have 25 years old and a lot of expirience.
    Would be perfect hear you! 🙂

Best Regards,
    My number phone is +48501980854
    Email monika.gurdziel@gmail.com

8. Chetan Sandhal says

Looking for job in Spain in Hotel/Restaurant six years of experience with Bachelor degree in Hotel Management.

9. Joe noott says

Currently looking for work in Spain, fluent English learning Spanish, any position will do. I am 22 years of age from the uk, nie number pending. I have experience in hospitality and bar work, feel free to get in touch.

10. Alex Vandal-Roy says

Hello! I’m looking for a job to improve my Spanish (currently B1). Mostly looking for entertainment, waitress, hostess, bar or costumer service job. I speak French (C2), English (C2) and can understand german a bit (A2).

11. Greetings,
    We’re Imane and Althéa, two enthusiastic students looking for a seasonal job this summer. We speak English fluently and be understood in Spanish. Any kind of task would be suitable for us. We both have job experience and know to be effective and independent.

Thank you for reading. Feel free to contact us anytime.

Best regards

12. FATAWU YAYA says

AM A MAN OF 20 YEARS OF AGE FROM GHANA BUT NOW IN SPAIN
    LOOKING FOR HOTEL JOB AS DISHWASHER,CLEANER.HAVE 4 YEARS EXPERIANCE IN THIS SECTOR

13. Amanda Wareham says

Querido señor, señora,

I am a property owner in Costa teguise, Lanzarote and I am looking for a position as a Senior Housekeeper in a Hotel or private residence. I have 10 years experience of managing my own cleaning company and 15years experience of working as a Housekeeper in Hotels and Private homes in England. I can provide excellent references and I am hard working, responsible and speak limited Spanish though I am learning the language.

I am locating to Lanzarote in 2019.

Saludos cordiales

Amanda Wareham

14. Hello.
    I am an experienced property and project manager, with excellent experience in Residential and commercial spaces, looking to relocate to Spain with my Wife, who works as a doctors assistant and also has a X-Ray certificate.
    We both have excellent references.
    I speak Spanish, (Basic) German and English
    Looking forward to hearing from you.

15. Lorraine gallogley says

Hello I live in torrevieja and would like a job in cleaner or hotel or gardening close to torrevieja many thanks.

16. Dannii Bowles says

Hello’
    I am a British girl who lives in Spain since the age of 3 years old !
    I am looking to work this summer with a programme for hotels.
    Weather it’s a kitchen assistant, entertainer etc ..

Do any of the above jobs come with Accomodation ?

Kind Regards,
    Dannii

17. Hi, I actually have a position as Reception Supervisor in Uk, I would like to move to Valencia and still be part of the hospitality industry.

18. Lois Parry says

I am looking to relocate to Spain, ideally one of the Balearic Islands however I am not fussy.
    I have 11 years experience in customer service and working in a fast paced environment. I am currently an assistant store manager at McDonalds. I would turn my hand to any job, given the opportunity.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Lois
    Lois_1989@hotmail.co.uk

19. Jonathan Millard says

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am an experienced hospitality manager and graduate, looking for summer work in Spain.

I am currently learning Spanish and hope to improve this by living here. I am currently based in Benidorm but I am happy to work anywhere in Spain.

NIE number pending.

Please contact me if you have or know of any vacancies and I will happily send a CV. Many thanks

20. Dear Sir or Madam