The Cancer Support Group is here to help you, your family and friends
You can contact us and we will do our best to answer your questions. We can talk about any aspect of living with cancer such as eating problems, coping with side effects, talking to people.
- emotional support, we listen, advise and share information with our members
Help offered to patients by the Cancer Support Group is extremely diverse; from counseling and helplines, to practical assistance such as providing wigs, assistance with travel costs, advice about treatments and local health care services or even providing vital time off for the cancer patient’s carer.
We run weekly art groups in Portals Nous AAVV centre.
Together we listen, we learn, we act to help people live with cancer.
We would like to help people
- Find out about what to expect from their treatment
- Make sense of the treatment options and possible side effects
- Understand health care services here in Mallorca and what they can offer you
- Answer questions on how this will affect your family and relationships and how to tell people.
Drop-in centers boost Cancer Support Group
As Majorca’s Cancer Support Group begins its third year on the island it has added drop-in Centre’s to its operation. At these, volunteers are on hand to provide help and information to all who need it.
1) At the Onda Vital Holistic Centre in Calle Marti Boneo 31, information on cancer support can always be obtained, and Linda Ledwidge will be available every Monday between 10am and 2pm to speak to cancer patients or their families. The center is close to Palma’s Policlinica Miramar and has an ample car park opposite.
2) The AAVV Center in Carrer Luna 3, Portals Nous is a further drop-in point where art therapy groups and other useful classes are run for those living with cancer.
Help offered to patients by the Cancer Support Group is extremely diverse.
We run twice weekly art groups in Portals Nous AAVV centre.
Later in the year we will be running Coping with Cancer Courses which will include relaxation classes, nutritional information, creating Dream Boards, and classes on positive thinking.
Cancer Support Group, Mallorca
Qualified British Counselor (Dip.Couns)
Telephone: (0034) 971 675 477
Personal Mobile 661080101